The focal point of the Institute, the well-stocked library has more than 18,000 books including the latest books in field of education technology. The library has a reference section and a reading room facility, which is open for 24 hours a day. Books are arranged subject wise on shelves, for open browsing. The surroundings of the library are comfortable and ideal for study, and there are ample reading spaces available for quiet study. A photocopier is provided in the library for serving the students and teachers.
The need for spending more time in the library is increasingly felt at the college level because the lecture method encourages independent reading and strengthens the urge for keeping in touch with the latest developments in various fields.
- Two books are issued to each student for a period of one month only.
- A fine of 50 paise per day per volume is charged for the books returned after the due date.
- Reference books, text books, rare books and periodicals are not issued except for consultation in the library
- The students are required to possess their identity cards while inside the Library/Reading Rooms. Defaulters will be asked to leave and their cases will be reported to the Principal.
- Books issued from the Library should be kept carefully and in no case be underlined or disfigured. If a book is already damaged in any form, it should be reported to the issuing clerk or the Librarian. Once the book is issued the student will be held responsible for the damage.
- The loss of a book should be reported to the library before the due date in the absence of which the usual fine will be charged. The borrower will be required to replace it or to pay double its price along with his next college dues if the book is not replaced.
- The students are expected to observe silence in the Reading Room and not to disturb others in anyway.
- Special Library service, for extended hours, is provided near examination days.